Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Afraid of light

People are usually afraid of the future.
I am more afraid of today than tomorrow, because today is certain and the future is just a possibility.

Afraid of the things they don't know,
I'm more afraid of not using the things I do know wisely.

Afraid of death and things they've never experienced before.
I'm afraid of having lived and not learning of my mistakes.

They are afraid of inexistent monsters.
I am afraid of real people rather than imaginary monsters because real people can hurt me and imaginary monsters can't.

Afraid of the world coming to an end.
I'm more afraid of the world staying the same.

People are afraid of change,
I'm more afraid of the thought of absence of change because then better things would not be able to happen.

People are afraid of what others might say of them.
I'm not afraid of words because words can't hurt me but actions can.

People are afraid of what people think of them.
I'm afraid of what I think of myself.

People are afraid of other people ruining their chances for success.

I'm afraid of being the reason why I don't succeed. 



People are afraid of the dark.

I am afraid of the light because I might be seeing but not looking.


I am more afraid of today than tomorrow,
Because today is certain and the future is just a possibility.

Fear take over their lives, and they forget to live.



I might be fearful but I happen to be brave and being brave is not living in the absence of fear but it is the overcoming of fear and not letting it take over your life. 
I live overcoming my fears everyday, and not letting them make decisions for me
because if there is one thing I have learned is that nothing can stand in your way but yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment