Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A change of scenery

Oh, dear what I strange planet


Goodbye grandma, goodbye friends;
I will miss you all so much,

No, I don’t want a party;
There is nothing to celebrate.

Yes I know I’m leaving but
I don’t want to party
My suitcases are done.

The plane leaves tomorrow morning,
Oh dear so early,
Oh God all my friends, my world.

As I am flying high above I look
Once more at what I’ve always known,
At my life, it’s all past now.

Three stops, thirty-two hours later
I arrive to this place,
So strange and different.

Mixed feelings strike me,
Tears fall down my eyes;
Oh, where is home?

I look everywhere,
Everything unknown,
So strange…

Everything I’ve known
Suddenly vanishes,
Who am I to be?
I look forward, and ask: hey what’s Jollibee? 



Moving away from what you know and what you are used to is always hard, but giving things a chance will make the difference between fitting in or standing out. Give it a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Just by reading the first word you got me crying, you made everyone cry around me when I tried to read it to the family out loud...and at the end...
    JOLLIBEE? :-) Thanks for cheering us up!

    ReplyDelete