Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

From a caterpillar to a butterfly

I was growing up,
I had to learn who were my real friends.
I was lied,
I was hurt over and over again.

I could not take it any longer.
I spin and create my wall,
One to keep the world outside.
One to keep myself protected.

My wall soon became hard,
I decided to quit on everyone.
No one would hurt me anymore.
I was by myself.

I felt like I was dying,
The old me was dying;
I was partially dead,
And all seemed lost.

I used everything I had learned,
To make the new me,
The me who would be stronger,
The me who would make my dreams come true.

I was getting ready,
I was growing stronger,
I was becoming the real me,
I grew wings.

I felt stronger and stronger,
I knew I would be able to do anything now,
I was ready,
And so i pushed the wall and broke it.

For the first time,
I flew free.

1 comment:

  1. This is .... so .... amazing! Made cry and then made me so happy! I love the way you express your feelings girl!

    ReplyDelete