Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Purple flower

She saved her money wisely,
She would know what to say just exactly,
And she said "never let anything distract thee."

She would show me right from wrong.
I remember just wanting to go along,
Whenever she was around I felt like I belong.

She was sweet,
As sweet as when chocolate and sugar meet,
She was so neat.

Her upper lip was invisible,
And she would always color it with pencil,
As if she needed it, she was truly beautiful.

She had many more years than I did,
But she was far from boring,
Everyone just loved her.

She had golden and white hairs on her head,
And she always liked all her meals to have bread,
She always made me want to look ahead.

She had the most beautiful eyes,
They surely never lied,
But they always knew what was wrong with me, they were little spies.

She was just a happy soul,
Full of colorful stories to share,
Everyone would just want to stare.

And one day I saw the change in her eyes,
She could not stare into mine,
And that's when I knew everything was not fine.

She stopped eating,
She started hiding,
I knew they were lying.

And one day during the summer,
On the early morning I woke up feeling different,
I knew she was not with me anymore.

And I looked at my cousin with tears falling,
I could hear everyone calling,
While I just felt like crying.

I was a kid then,
But even then I knew she was a gem,
I felt like a rose being cut from the stem.

I knew that I would not see her again,
I just felt like I needed to complain!
But I needed to contain.

And so I never would see her,
But she was in me I was sure,
And that thought made it easier to endure.

I knew she would not want to see me crying,
So to stop crying I was trying,
And I knew that from somewhere she was eyeing.

She was looking over me,
So I looked at her picture happily,
I knew that was the least I could do.

I would miss her that was a given;
But in the right direction, she had made me driven,
I knew that she would be forgiving.

It was okay to miss her,
As long as it was with a smile of joy that's for sure,
I knew then that I was more mature.

So, I took my last look into her face;
A small purple flower in her hands I placed,
And I finally I moved away at my own pace.

In my mind I said my final goodbye,
I said I love you with tears in my eyes,
I knew everything would be alright.

I knew I would never forget that last summer,
But even today even though she is not around,
Her memory still manages to make me smile.


 "I love you"

In memory of one of the most amazing women that I have ever met. 
Rosario

2 comments:

  1. A woman that touch so many... Gracias Gu-ela, pues no hay palabras para agradecer tanta grandeza..... te amo!

    ReplyDelete